Top 10 Reasons for Entrepreneurial Success
Here is a list for Successful Businesses from the New York Times.
Did they miss any?
We’d love to hear your thoughts here or on Facebook.
- Look for opportunities to do something better than just about everyone else.
- Accept risk as a necessary evil. It makes for much less competition.
- Act responsibly to customers, employees and vendors.
- Goals aren’t enough. You need a plan. You need to execute the plan.
- You need to fix the plan as you go. Learn from your mistakes. Most people don’t.
- Do not reinvent the wheel. Learn from others — join a business group.
- Make sure the math works. I know plenty of people who work hard and follow their passion but the math doesn’t work. If the math doesn’t work, neither does the business.
- Make sure that every employee understands and works toward the mission.
- There are going to difficult times and you need to be resilient; whining is a waste of time.
- There will be sacrifices. Work to find a balance so that you don’t become a financially successful loser. It’s not about the income, it’s about the outcome.