For enhanced security we are going to encourage and actually require that all of our hosting clients change their cPanel and eMail passwords. If you have any questions or concerns please give us a call. 360.575.9839
1) Changing your cPanel password:
- Go to yourdomain.com/cpanel
- Log in with your old user name and password, if you know it.
- If you do not know your password, click on the reset password button. If you don’t receive a password eMail, give us a call and we’d be glad to help you reset your password.
- Once in your cPanel, under Preferences
- Click the change password icon and follow the steps to change your cPanel password.
2) Next change the password for all of your eMail accounts
- Still in cPanel, under Mail, choose the eMail Accounts icon.
- This will show you a list of all the active eMail accounts.
- To the right of each is the Change Password link – Choose it
- Now you can enter your new password and click the Change Password button.
You will see a score of 1-100 on your chosen password. Your password strength must at least have a score of 50.
Follow these tips to get a strong password or use the password generator button.
- Avoid dictionary words
- Avoid familiar items (names, phone numbers, etc.)
- Must contain at least 8 characters
- Use a combination of letters (upper and lower case)
- Have at least one symbol
- Always protect your password
- Change your password frequently (at least every 6 months)
We will be contacting everyone by phone to see if you need assistant and to confirm you have made the change necessary password changes. If you change your password before you get a call from us, would you be so kind to give us a call or eMail using the form below. 360.575.9839