If you are considering adding YouTube (or some other video) to your web site, then this article is for you. We’ve been adding a fair amount of videos to web sites of late, here at the studio.
Whether you use YouTube or the family friendly Vimeo, video is here and it should be on your site. I’ve create a quick list of 7 reason why you should add some video to your web site.
Before we get ahead of ourselves. Did you know that YouTube is the second largest search engine on the planet? According to YouTube 48 hours of video are uploaded every minute, resulting in nearly 8 years of content uploaded every day. WOW!
That leads us to our first reason….
- Everybody is doing it! It is almost expected to have video on your site.
- Engaging. It is an excellent way to engage your audience. Your viewers get to learn from you while being entertained. They don’t have to read. People skim over the text, but they will often watch the whole video. And if they watch it they are more inclined to share the video and you websites.
- People love to share. This sharing helps in 2 great ways. It directly brings more people to your site and it can bring SEO power to your site as each share is a link to you site.
- Video tells a story. We have all heard “a picture shows a thousand words.” Well, the reason it is a cliche is because it is true. Your body language, the setting of the video, and a thousand other non-verbal communications are passed as you speak in video.
- We all learn differently. Some people are visual learners. Some like to read, some like to listen. This is why we should offer a variety of ways for people to consume our message.
- It can be fun. Entertainment can be defined as “an activity that is diverting and that holds the attention”. What better way to get the attention of our customers than with entertainment?
- It is easy to add to your site. You can add videos created by others on your site. You can click on the embed button on most videos from YouTube and get some code to place on your site. Simply cut and paste (ask your favorite geek if you need some help). You likely have the tools to create a video in your pocket (smart phones rock). Alternately, you can pay to have a video professionally produced.
Those are just a few of the reasons to add some video to your site. We encourage you to get the show running. You can use a video to make a commercial, show off products, share testimonials, tell a story or even train people. Whatever it is, all you need is an idea and a camera.
And if you have any questions about making videos or whether it’s right for you, feel free contact my office. You can visit our home page omOriginals.com to view a video commercial we created for the Renaud Electric Heating & Cooling Guys. Grab some pop corn and enjoy. ~:-)
We’ve been having a super time with the Renaud Guys. If you live in the Longview/Kelso area of Cowlitz County you’ve likely heard some of the Renaud radio ads. There are funny and effective with just the right amount of marketing punch!
We’re honored to be able to help these super heroes get on the big screen with a TV Commercial.
Campaign includes; print, web and video.
Dan and David Productions from Longview, WA has launched their new website and omOriginals Marketing! was lucky enough to build their website for them! Thank you for your business Dan and David!
Dan and David Productions offers many services in the audio and video niche. They have created videos for schools, realtors, and families. They are highly experienced in audio and video productions. One of their services is “Chronicles”. They help YOU tell your story on video, giving you a family heirloom to pass down with your recorded history. In the professional community Dan and David Productions has created virtual in-home tours for realtors and educational tools for businesses and schools. In addition to video Dan and David Productions are capable of taking your song idea and creating a CD. Dan and David Productions will handle the creation, arranging, tracking, sequencing, recording, mixing, and mastering of your tracks.
Visit Dan and David Productions website at DanandDavid.net to see examples of their work and to contact them for your next project.
Please Help Stop SOPA/PIPA
omOriginals Marketing! rarely engages in politics. The act if passed would greatly reshape the internet as we know it.
WordPress officially released its stance on SOPA/PIPA – the Stop Online Piracy Act and the Protect IP Act – which will soon come up for vote in the US legislature. We ask that you learn more and Help Stop SOPA/PIPA.
Be sure to watch the short video.
We agree with those that have come out publicly against these bills, and we’d like to encourage you to join in the fight to stop them from becoming law.
For our non-American friends, the effects of these laws would most likely be felt around the world, making this a global issue of great importance to our web community.
You would think that laws that have such cute and friendly names as Stop Piracy would be good for everyone, but most of us that make a living working with content on the web have major concerns.